As of February 13, 2012, Pro Tools 10 has been integrated into the curriculum and student laptops at the Conservatory. The new software brings a long list of new features including:
- Clip Gain: easily adjust and match gain levels, pre-mixer.
- Easy integration of multiple audio formats in a session—including interleave—without file duplication
- Recording and mastering at higher resolution with more headroom in 32-bit floating-point format
- Better responsiveness on slower hard drives with the enhanced disk handler
- Recording in low-latency mode, with direct monitoring when using third-party audio interfaces
- System 5 console EQ and dynamics with the Avid Channel Strip plug-in
- More voices (for HD Native and HDX)
- Support for 32-bit floating point files and mixed bit depths within sessions
- The ability to play sessions from network drives and RAM (HD only)
- Direct bouncing of mixes to SoundCloud or iTunes
CRAS students may qualify for our multi-tiered Pro Tools 10 certification which better prepares them for real-world workflows and applications.